Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reporting Off-Campus Behavior to Tulane

From Karen Celestan of Tulane, as shared with our other Carrollton neighbors:

I have noticed a slight uptick in the number of complaints about students living in off-campus housing. I just want to share with everyone the proper methods of reporting poor and/or negligent behavior of students living off-campus (if you haven't already heard my presentation at recent neighborhood association meetings).

Please be aware that all Tulane students are bound by a Code of Student Conduct, but also have rights as private citizens on private property. The university is actively working to create a Town & Gown code for landlords and student tenants to alleviate some of the allegations and abuses that have been reported. We are also consistently negotiating with area business and bar owners to bring them into compliance with existing Alcohol Control laws and regulations. (We had a somewhat productive meeting with the owner of The Boot yesterday.)

Here are the official vehicles for reporting directly to Tulane administrators (Student Affairs):
Phone: 862-NABR (6227)

Of course, you can always call me on my cell or send an e-mail, and I will forward it to the Office of Student Affairs for any disciplinary action (if warranted). The neighborhood is a critical priority and your concerns are at the top of our list.
Please feel free to share this information with your neighbors and/or association members.
Karen Celestan
Manager, Community Relations and Policy
Office of Government Affairs
Tulane University
(504) 988-3394 [office]
(504) 214-9640 [cell]
(504) 988-3388 [fax]
200 Broadway, Suite 126
New Orleans, LA 70118

No comments: