Friends of Palmer Park is excited to announce that Palmer Park has been selected as one of the project sites for the NFL Super Saturday of Service!
The New Orleans Super Bowl XLVII Host Committee along with the YLC and New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity has organized a city-wide service project to take place on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, the day before Super Bowl Sunday and...Palmer Park has been chosen as a project site !
What does this mean?
Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, 7:30 am until 3 pm- will be a busy day in the neighborhood!!
The park will be bustling with tons of volunteers, music, food, projects and activities.
What we need :
FOPP is asking neighbors to volunteer as project captains (yay, we have 2 already).
Volunteers will be provided for you at the park but they need direction and leadership. This is where you come in.
As a project captain, you will instruct the provided volunteers on what needs to be done, how exactly to do it and manage them while it is happening. You will need to be available from about 7:30 am until about 3 pm. Here is the list of projects:
- Painting the wood bollards along the perimeter of the park -WE HAVE A PROJECT CAPTAIN! (Brian Opert)
- Painting all the light poles in the park (High Gloss Black) (manage 10-12 vols)
- Touch-up paint the Arch at the front of the park on Carrollton (manage 8 vols)
- Touch up paint the directional sign posts (there are 2 of them) (manage 4 vols)
- Touch up paint the hopscotch squares (there are 2 sets) WE HAVE A PROJECT CAPTAIN! (Meredith Robinson)
- Landscaping around the flower beds by arch (manage 8 vols)
- Landscaping around the play-set (This is the biggest project for landscaping) (manage 10 vols and will require heavy digging and heavy landscaping work))
- Landscaping around the flower beds at Dublin and Sycamore, Dublin and Neron and Dublin and Claiborne (manage 10 vols)
How do you sign up?
Email me: Anne Fuselier at email@example.com All project captain must be registered beforehand.
I will get back with you with all the details.
Thank you so much in advance for helping to beautify our Carrollton Communtiy!