Take an opportunity to read the editorial distributed by Urban Conservancy in their recent e-newsletter
We all know Walgreens:
- is focused on using a standard model (its cheaper and easier to build the same box everywhere)
- wants to have the largest footprint possible in the neighborhood
- does not want to make room for others
- follows the letter of the law but not the spirit,when it comes to zoning and following code
- is willing to hire local guns to work areas where they get resistance to their standard models and corporate solutions.
MidCity needs to stand firm in their request for BETTER.
Walgreens can and should do BETTER than the standard square box, biggest gorilla approach.