Simple ways to stay safe and help your neighbors stay safe:
- Say hello to and know your neighbors. A smile and a wave when you see each other does make a difference.
- Walk your dog! And say hello as you walk.
- Turn on your porch light. Use LED Bulbs they may be a bit more expensive up front but last for years and cost pennies to run.
- Put up a NorthWest Carrollton yard sign. It shows NOPD patrols when they are in our neighborhood and reminds them that we have an active Neighborhood Watch.
- For $25 you can order an NOPD metal Neighborhood Watch sign. We will be placing an order this May. Check for the Utility Pole nearest your house and we'll ensure that the sign gets installed. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
- Plant a tree. Yes, strange as it sounds studies show that trees reduce crime. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We work with Hike for Katrina to get free trees to plant trees in the Fall.
- Anonymously report suspicious activity or submit a tip to CrimeStoppers at 504-822-1111 or submit a tip online.