Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brain Cancer Research and St. Baldrich

One of the Carrollton Neighborhood Leaders, H.V. Nagendra, will be shaving his head on St. Baldrick's Day to raise money for Pediatric Cancer Research.

In 2009 Nagendra lost his son Vijay to brain cancer.

See Nagendra's letter below and if you can support the effort.
http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/teamid/68645

I am sure you all remember our unforgettable Vijay. I still can remember his discussions with his doctors and others about his condition and disease. He truly believed in understanding the science and biology of his Brain Cancer. This understanding while it guided us, as parents, to make the choices we were asked to for him, more importantly it gave Vijay hope about his personal prognosis and for his future. Team Vijay keeps his wish and spirit alive and honors his hope by raising the funds for research that will benefit other children with Cancer.

On Saturday March 19, 2011, I will be participating to raise funds for research in Pediatric Cancer as a shavee (will shave my head of what little hair I have). I ask you to join me by participating or contributing any amount towards this cause. The link below will lead you to the “Team Vijay” page. You can register your participation or donation from Team Vijay’s page – it will also allow me to know of your generosity and participation. I thank you for your consideration.

Thank you
HVNagendra

No comments: