We batted around some ideas the other night for the planning process of our Neighborhood
1) A police substation on our side of Audubon Park.
2) A floodwall on the Orleans side of the Monticello Canal.
3) Dark skies lighting.
4) Light rail system down Claiborne Avenue.
5) A streetcar line down Carrollton to connect Xavier University with Tulane and Loyola.
6) Change bustops from ugly oven-like stops to user-friendly tree-landscaped stops.
7) Appropriate commercial development along Apple Street from Dante to Leonidas.
8) No conversion of residentially-zoned properties to commercial.
9) Trees on every major thoroughfare including and particularly Earhart.
9) Redevelopment of Incarnate Word. Should be placed on the Historic Register.
10) No demolition of historic houses in federal historic neighborhood.
11) Create a local historic neighborhood consisting of the boundaries of the Historic Town of Carrollton.
12) Very careful development of high-density housing.
13) Planning for Claiborne/Carrollton. Safe and inviting ways to get from streetcar to Palmer Park.
14) Revitalization of Palmer Park. Perhaps a bandstand.
15) City Gates Artistically inspired structures at the entrances to Orleans Parish at Claiborne and at Oak and Earhart that effectively announce that you are now entering a very special place.
16) Correct traffic flow at Earhart and Carrollton interchange.